Upon completion of the MSBS program, students are expected to:
- Develop the knowledge, skills, and aptitudes of the core areas of biomedical sciences necessary for entry into a health-professions program.
- Apply fundamental concepts of biomedical sciences to develop an understanding of the clinical principles of health and disease.
- Demonstrate the ability to review scientific literature, design a research project, interpret biomedical research, and value the process of scientific discovery.
- Develop ethical reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills relevant to health related disciplines.
- Demonstrate effective communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to conduct independent research and effectively communicate scientific information in written and oral formats (Applicable only for the thesis track).