Legal Name and Address Change Requests


Official CHSU records and academic transcripts must reflect the student’s name as it appears on a government issued photo identification (e.g., driver’s license or passport).

A student may request an official name change for school documents and records by submitting the following information to the Office of the Registrar:

  • a completed Name Change Request Form available on the Office of the Registrar’s webpage.
  • proof of new legal name by providing a government-issued photo ID, copy of a marriage certificate, or court order documents that displays the name change.

Once the information has been verified and student records updated, the Office of the Registrar will forward the name change information to all applicable departments.


If you have a social security number that is listed incorrectly in your student records or has been lost or stolen, please contact the Registrar’s Office for assistance. 


Current students can update their preferred address, phone number, and personal email address through the Student Portal located in SONIS. Students should submit a Change of Address Form for permanent or billing address changes. For telephone changes, please notify the Office of the Registrar of the change so the emergency alert system is also updated with the new telephone number.